The Build Team Leader (Prove Design) will lead prove design builds, supporting daily work order management and completing work requests.
- Hold daily start of shift meetings.
- Root cause analysis on any issues raised within your area of responsibility.
- Undertake training and further learning as required.
- Participate in Rapid Improvement Workshops (RIW’s).
- Assist and stand-in for the prove design engineering Manager.
- Ensure all relevant information is communicated to the team
- Adhere to the Company’s Health & Safety policy and safe working practices.
- Lead safety risk assessments.
- Coach team members.
- Culture – reinforce Caterpillar’s Values in Action.
- Respond to unforeseen quality, staffing, safety and production matters, liaise with Engineering Manager’s with an immediate corrective action plan.
- Willing to undertake training and further learning.
- Identify with the belief in the value of continuous improvement & team-based culture.
- Experience in practical workshop environments such as prove design, maintenance or similar areas of the business.
- Able to complete major prove design builds and development machine repairs and rebuilds.
- As a team leader the ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives.
- A self motivated individual, with the flexibility to deal with individual and team behaviours, you should be able to motivate others with your advice and experience.
- Initiative and strong communication, interpersonal & organisational skills.
- Machining and welding skills to support test bed development and the training of others in this discipline.
- Understand & promote Caterpillar’s Values in Action.
- Willing to work a multi-shift pattern.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Desford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A