Reporting into the Material Requirements Planning Supervisor, you will work within CMOPS (Caterpillar Machine Orders Processing System) to forecast and review actual orders that are coming into the facility, determine if we have the finished purchased components available, assigned to an order and establish the schedule and promise date to the dealer.
- Help prepare scheduling proposals to accommodate special situations such as strike hedge plans or reviewing costs and consequences of layoffs, carrying inventory, using plant shutdowns, etc.
- Monitor the production plan and modifies as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and inventory levels.
- Support oversight and analysis and development of complex attachment forecasts utilizing the latest tools available to compensate for changes in dealer ordering behavior
- Prepare order schedules to fulfill product orders from the facility.
- Support data gathering for analysis of industry and dealer trends and helps assess risks and opportunities.
- Support data gathering to provide availability administration including demand management, special order programs, responding to critical deals, quoting delivery for large projects, etc.
- Support the global S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process and attend meetings with marketing subsidiaries on a monthly basis acting as Subject Matter Expert
- Assist in the development of a plan and business case for critical review by Product Managers, materials, factory managers and marketing subsidiaries, explaining why this plan provides the best compromise to conflicting objectives.
- Adjust RBM forecast for supply constraints such as machinery, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Support data collection and analysis of actual results against business variables of the Rolling Business Model (RBM) forecasts such as sales to users, orders, shipments and factory and dealer inventory.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in scheduling
- At least one year experience in a supply chain related role.
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain related curriculum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wamego, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A