As the Design Engineer I , you will be responsible for designing 11L-18L inline 6 diesel engine systems for use in Caterpillar Machines, Electric Power Applications, or 3rd party commercial machines.
- Adhere to established standards, policies, and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc.
- Design engine systems including requirements definition, concept development, detailed design work, manufacturing support, and post-production ongoing engineering maintenance.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of experts in the engine component team (L3), engine application integration team (L5), engine development team (Engine Lab), and software team (Cat Electronics) to successfully execute engine programs.
- Enhance the integrity of the product in the worldwide marketplace by ensuring superior performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
- Along with the supporting technical team, provide technical leadership to for Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Marketing and product support.
- Co-Op, Internship or additional experience in engine design and/or development
- Passion for product quality and process improvement.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or related discipline.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with manufacturing assembly principles and processes
- High level of curiosity and investigative mindset with attention to detail.
- Ability to work multiple projects concurrently.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chillicothe, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A