We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the team in Brooklyn Park, MN! If you are highly motivated and have a strong desire to put your engineering education and experience to work, this could be a great opportunity for you to springboard your career as a member of the Caterpillar Paving Products team where we offer a complete solution for the paving industry, including equipment, training, consulting, parts, service and support that ensure our customers success.
- Evaluate projects to define desired results and evaluate logical approaches using factors such as cost, personnel yearly usage, equipment, space, etc. as well as other information needed to determine requirements.
- Observe fabrication processes to improve part & process repeatability and tooling design to enable automation.
- Contribute to the effective management decisions in determining the most efficient processes, methods, machinery, tools, equipment, services and systems needed in the manufacture of product.
- Learn Caterpillar Paving Products fabrication operations.
- Use your knowledge of Lean principals to create standard work and other documentation with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Identify equipment and design/develop tooling required for manufacture and collaborate with suppliers to acquire
- Provide daily PQVC (People/Safety, Quality, Velocity and Cost) support to the fabrication shop including the development and implementation of standard work
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering or a similar engineering curriculum
- Experience, ideally 1 year, in fabrication or robotics.
- Will strongly consider relevant experience in a co-op or internship.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brooklyn Park, MN. US
Application Deadline: N/A