The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution.
- Ensure effective management seal and gasket suppliers within new product development projects and existing product improvement cycles.
- Identification and development of new seal and gasket suppliers to align with growth initiatives.
- Improve end-to-end supplier performance through increasing capacity, improving supplier supply chain responsiveness, and raising performance standards, whilst maintaining high levels of quality.
- Lead critical supplier performance improvements in the seals and gasket category.
- Develop and manage strategic breakthrough sourcing strategies to support future business capacity requirements.
- Manage high visibility customer relationships across all machine product groups and service parts.
- Evaluate and develop supplier capability to meet requirements for Supplier Excellence Recognition.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following: material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, design engineering, manufacturing engineering, supply chain or manufacturing operations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university plus 3 years of job-related experience; 5 years of job-related experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured root cause corrective action problem solving techniques and continuous improvement
- Good analytical skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chillicothe, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A