To manage and provide leadership as the Aftermarket Inbound Supply Chain Manager for our America’s supply base. This position is responsible to lead supplier scheduling and collaborations, supplier performance to the Aftermarket Supplier Performance Standards.
- Provide leadership and support to the development, implementation and management of logistics and transportation improvement initiatives for the division.
- Includes the development and specification of supplier shipping and transportation requirements to reduce freight and logistics costs.
- Lead efforts to verify and improve supplier capacity, quality and delivery performance, and to ensure supplier readiness for S&OP volumes.
- Provide leadership and direction to supply chain planning engineering teams developing supply chain plans for the NPI programs.
- Includes the development and implementation of material logistics plans from the suppliers to the Aftermarket Distribution Centers.
- Lead collaboration with suppliers and multiple facility functions to address and resolve supplier issues using root cause and corrective action (RCCA).
- Provide leadership (sponsorship and governance) for 6 Sigma Rapid Improvement Workshops with suppliers and Caterpillar personnel as required.
- Accountable for building supplier partnerships in the deployment of lean, high quality, high velocity supply chain practices.
- Responsible for inbound supplier performance for the America’s supply base (1,000+ suppliers) according to the Aftermarket Supplier Performance Standards.
- This includes on-time shipping performance, meeting supplier lead time expectations, and meeting all labeling and packaging requirements.
- An MBA or advanced management degree is highly desired.
- This position requires a college or university degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- 10 to 15 years of previous experience
- APICS CPIM or CSCP National Certification is highly desired.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Morton, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A