The Facilities Technician is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all facilities within Weir SPM, acting as the contact for emergency situations that affect the company ability to open for business.
- Demonstrates proper use of all shop and hand tools
- Assists senior technicians with advanced repairs
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- General Maintenance
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Maintains building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis, lockout/tagout, and wearing PPE as required
- Operates forklifts, scissor lifts and extendable boom lifts
- Perform periodic and preventive maintenance, change filters, replace bulbs and ballasts, also paint equipment, floors, pipes, etc
- Interface with personnel to resolve heating and cooling problems
- Perform minor electrical, plumbing, and mechanical maintenance
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret schematic drawings, procedure changes, and work orders.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate’s degree in a technical field preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A