The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution.
- This person will manage a team of purchasing professionals who will develop and ensure the supplier base is capable of meeting the specific products’ Quality, Cost, Logistics, Delivery, Management QCLDM requirements.
- Reporting directly to this position are various of the following; Buyers, Supplier Development Engineers, and/or Purchasing Analyst.
- Develop, mentor, and train personnel capable of delivering the Global supplier strategy for the assigned category or site with local service that is aligned with the overall global supplier strategy.
- Adhere to the approved Performance Management Plan.
- Identify performance gaps within the supplier base specific to the Product and collaborate with Category and Platform Purchasing Managers to develop improvement plans for the identified gaps.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization and recognize employee excellence.
- Incumbent must have well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Previous experience in one of the following areas: purchasing, procurement, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing is required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Able to acquire an understanding of governmental, environmental, political, and geographic factors that influence a supply base.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chillicothe, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A