As a Section Manager you will be responsible for managing a production schedule, technicians, and the overall performance of a designated value stream. You will be responsible for meeting Caterpillar’s goals for People, Quality, Velocity and Cost that support a 24/7 Operation.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency. Works to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value-added activities.
- Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, CQMS/ISO certification, etc.
- Determines overtime need, determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary.
- Ensure necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for training and development of staff, time keeping, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, and ensuring consistent application of organizational needs.
- Determine processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements.
- Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean product environment.
- Ensures the quality of product produced and conforms to Caterpillars Quality Policy while maintaining cost.
- Daily tie-in with production management to designate workload, priorities and sequence for work assigned.
- Must have supervisory experience, and strategic planning experience.
- Previous shop floor experience and have a mechanical aptitude.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative working relationship with others inside and outside of the department.
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft office products.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of CPS processes and tools or similar Operations Systems, fabrications, production operations experience, equipment and processes plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A