The Senior Sensor Engineer position develops, improves, and supports sensors used in an array of engine and machine systems. This generally includes requirements development, analysis and simulation, electronic component selection, schematic/layout development, and validation.
- Most activities are performed in partnership with suppliers including quality planning and validation.
- Close teamwork with Engine and Machine System engineers ensures system and product success.
- Troubleshooting and failure analysis skills are used to resolve problems found in field or lab testing.
- Projects move from concept to production, following Cat’s new product introduction (NPI) process.
- Presenting technical results to a wide internal audience at each NPI stage is challenging and rewarding.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) process experience (design)
- Electronics packaging experience for off highway or harsh environments
- Electronic hardware development experience (design or manufacturing)
- Engineering degree in Mechatronics, EE or ME with electronics experience.
- Strong communicate skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chillicothe, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A