Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Management responsibility of people, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. A direct report to the EMEA Head of Tax.
- Tax representative on the Bank Levy working group and working with the bank levy team across the computation, accruals and payments and communication with HMRC
- UK Tax representative on the UK Finance Team led by the UK CFO
- Managing the UK Corporation Tax team dealing with UK corporate tax related matters, including the UK corporate tax compliance and reporting and wider advisory support
- Sign off of the UK corporate tax returns, UK tax payments and claims and elections, UK statutory accounts tax disclosures
- UK Tax representative on other finance led committees and forums
- Managing payments to tax authorities in compliance with specific tax regulations.
- Responsible for the overall management of the UK Corporate liabilities, of Citi, including the related compliance, financial reporting, planning and controversy processes.
- Contributes to the planning, accounting, filing and the reporting of UK Corporate Tax liabilities of the company.
- Main point of contact with HMRC on UK tax related matters and oversight of the UK HMRC relationship across all taxes
- Responsibility for UK Tax Governance, to include SAO certification process, UK Tax Strategy, UK Tax Risk and Controls Matrix and monitoring of controls
- Creates and implements financial initiatives and manages the work of the department ensuring appropriate staffing and organizational structures are in place for their area.
- Oversight of the UK tax provisions and Effective Tax Rate forecasting and reporting for the UK
- Sign off on any UK corporate tax related analysis relating to projects, structuring, transactions
- Key contact point for the US tax team in relation to UK corporate tax matters
- Ownership of UK tax technical developments and their applicability to the group
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A