The Audit Director is a senior level management position responsible for contributing to the strategic direction of Citi’s Internal Audit (IA) function, in coordination with the Audit team. This role is also responsible for managing multiple teams of professionals. The overall objective of this role is to direct audit activities that support a subset of a product line, function, or legal entity at the global or regional level, in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies, and local regulations.
- Ensure IA meets/exceeds expectations, and support and drive the IA Transformation Program and IA’s and management’s efforts
- Improve the identification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk and control environments
- Support and endorse the Quality Assurance (QA) function of IA, and resolve issues found by QA, improving audit processes and coverage
- Ensure the adoption of Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the IA Charter, and engage in internal/external negotiations
- Deliver multiple current audits to specification, and ensure the delivery of audit reports are complete, insightful, timely, error free and concise
- Contribute to the delivery of reports outlining IA’s contributions, and oversee audit’s coverage and reporting on common high risk areas
- Provide independent assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of an area, at a global or regional level
- Ensure timely delivery of comprehensive regulatory and internal audit issue validation, including issues arising from other external parties
- Oversee various tasks to build the audit team, including recruiting staff, developing and training the team, and managing the budget
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A