The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Experience with Spark/Storm/Kafka or equivalent streaming/batch processing and event-based messaging
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to slice and dice the data as needed for business reporting
- At least 6 years of Application development experience through full lifecycle
- Strong solid understanding of the Big Data architecture and the ability to trouble shoot performance and/or development issues on Hadoop (Cloudera preferably)
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Hands-on experience working with Hive, Impala and Hbase for data curation/conformance related work
- Strong proficiency in Spark for development work related to curation/conformance. Strong background knowledge Java (Core Java, J2EE,
- Spring Boot Restful Services).
- Experience working in an agile environment with a fast-paced changing requirement. Ensure process compliance and manage expectations of the leadership
- Actively participate in brainstorming session and provide solid inputs to the team and ensure best practices are followed within the team.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A