Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)’s Testing team responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the first and second line of defense.
- Assisting in the development of a robust CT Plan to monitor for compliance with rules, laws, and regulations.
- Developing, attracting, and retaining talent; recommending staffing levels required to carry out the unit’s role and responsibilities effectively while establishing and adhering to talent management processes and compensation and performance management programs.
- Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals related to AML/Sanctions and/or AB&C.
- Developing a valued interactive program of support and compliance risk management services covering the assessment and reporting of Key
- Compliance Risks across businesses and products, legal entities and jurisdictions, providing stakeholders with insight and practical solutions to improve the control culture and environment across Citigroup.
- Defining resource requirements and budgets for CT projects.
- Overseeing the development, implementation, and execution of the compliance testing, continuous Testing, and reporting programs within an assigned region in accordance with Compliance Testing (CT) Plan.
- Directing the planning, execution, and reporting of compliance Testing reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line or function, or legal entity within an assigned region in accordance with CT Plan.
- Serving as an Testing owner for complex reviews, analyze report findings, and recommend appropriate interventions where needed.
- Developing a valued interactive program of support and Testing that provides regulators and stakeholders’ insight into compliance trends, themes, issues, and root causes.
- In depth knowledge of the BSA AML standards
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues, and strength in sustaining independent views
- Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential
- Possess strong project management, budgeting, and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, and exhibit initiative and intuitive thinking
- Solid understanding of rules, laws, and regulations, and specific regulatory requirements impacting financial services
- Extensive global compliance and audit related experience, and strong knowledge of business processes and IT technologies utilized in the Financial Services Industry
- Extensive knowledge of the US regulations related to AML/Sanctions and/or AB&C
- Proven experience in leading transformational change, in influencing geographically dispersed teams of world-class professionals and in implementation of cost effective and technology enabled innovative solutions in compliance monitoring, testing, and reporting
- Executive presence and a reputation for building strong relationships with stakeholders and leading teams, both direct reports and in peer/influence models
- Excellent communication skills in interacting with non-executives, executive management, regulators, and across a number of business lines and control functions
- Effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization, and networking and influencing skills. This person will be comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
- Solid understanding of the AML, Sanctions and AB&C regulations related to the region/locally
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A