The Senior Counsel position will report into Citi’s Compliance and Investigations team in the Corporate Legal Department. The attorney occupying this position will spend the majority of their time advising on cybersecurity legal matters related to the prevention, response, mitigation, breach notification, regulatory inquiries, customer notifications and other risks and obligations that can flow from cyber network intrusions.
- The role also includes reviewing and assisting on the drafting of cyber related policies, procedures, presentations and trainings for internal and external purposes.
- The primary responsibilities related to financial crimes will be to provide legal advice to Citi’s business lines and Independent Compliance Risk Management function and other internal stakeholders regarding anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and sanctions matters.
- The Senior Counsel must be able to apply applicable laws and regulations to the specific inquiry or matter; draft necessary memoranda, summaries or other written summaries and reports; and communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- The Senior Counsel will assist with Citi’s legal response to information security and cyber events including oversight of international government and regulatory notifications.
- Advice on data/privacy sharing and cross border issues/restrictions are included in the job scope.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Experience advising clients on cybersecurity related legal issues or supporting an information security team
- Self-starter with the ability to engage directly with internal clients and lead significant projects.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as work under tight time pressures in a fast-paced corporate setting.
- Highly responsive and client relationship focused.
- The candidate should preferably have experience working in or with financial institutions.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities to deal with unforeseen events.
- A solicitor or barrister qualified in England and Wales or equivalent from another jurisdiction with related experience advising clients on cybersecurity related issues or supporting an information security team.
- Strong interest in pursuing a specialization in cybersecurity and financial crimes is a must.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering, sanctions or other regulatory experience in the financial services industry is highly desirable.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A