Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm’s risk appetite and protects the franchise.
- State of Compliance reports to senior management: legal entity Board meeting(s), Business Risk Compliance and Control Committees (BRCC) and other relevant governance forums as required
- Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; providing direction and guidance on the programs.
- Overseeing the identification and assessment of Citi’s key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensures that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) for Citigroup Global Markets Canada Inc., (Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada) IIROC broker-dealer
- Manage direct report primarily responsible for trade desk surveillance program, bank prudential monitoring and product compliance advisory
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals. Responsible for hiring, compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- 8-10 years relevant experience
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies: in particular, IIROC trade desk surveillance requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A