As part of the Inventory Management Applications Suite, Senior Java developer is responsible for leading very high volume / low latency enterprise multi-tiered Java applications to provide cutting edge solutions for the Global Stock Records North America (GSR/iGSR) NAM Application in the Capital Markets domain while following the industry best practices and Citi standards.
- Design and develop new Java modules using the latest technology stack in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
- Migrate application functionalities that are part of large monolithic systems into an ecosystem of microservices using the latest technologies.
- Manage both functional and technical requirements while deciding on technical solutions.
- Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects.
- Focus on building test automation suites to reduce the regression effort of the QA team.
- Identify existing system bottlenecks and deficiencies, devise and implement robust solutions to address these shortcomings.
- Understand the client requirements and envision the solution that can be captured as respective user stories in JIRA.
- Understand the impact of adapting different architectures and designs and present the same to all relevant stakeholders.
- Inspire other development resources with best practices and process improvement within Inventory Management Application team, Operation
- Solution team and Citi organization
- Ensure that the requirements are properly analyzed prior to planning implementation. Understand what customer needs.
- Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, offshore development, Quality Assurance and other cross-functional teams.
- Stay up to date with new development tools and strategies
- 7+ years of experience with Test Driven Development TDD
- 7+ year of experience in designing oracle database objects
- 6+ years of experience in using JMS to connect to Tibco/IBM MQ middleware
- 5+ experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot, Microservices, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security
- 6+ Experience in DevOps process and tools like Jenkins/Bamboo/UrbanCode also build technology like Maven/Gradle
- 5+ years of experience in Java front end frameworks like Angular, React.js, jQuery etc
- 4+ Experience in developing and deploying applications to cloud platforms AWS, GCP, PCF, etc
- 7+ years of experience in writing stored procedures, packages, functions etc.
- 5+ years of experience with code versioning tools such as Github, Bitbucket, Subversion, Perforce
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a Senior Java Developer
- Strong hands-on experience adhering to Java concurrency, concurrency patterns and building thread safe code
- Thorough experience working with transaction management, JTA, building very high volume low latency applications.
- 5+ years of Microservices development experience using Spring boot, AppDynamics, Docker, MongoDB / Cassandra, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabitMQ, Swagger etc.
- 7+ years of experience in Java multi-threaded programming.
- 5+ years of experience with WebLogic 10 and 12c application server.
- 5+ years of Agile development experience with multiple agile projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A