The position will require an awareness of the impact of core regulations on the derivatives markets and underlying documentation. The successful individual will work closely with the team on reviewing/negotiating a broad range of standard legal agreements but must also be comfortable to use bespoke documentation structures where required.
- Negotiating/reviewing legal agreements with internal/external customers to reach agreement on the contents of the Bank’s legal documentation, through telephonic or electronic negotiation and legal lock in sessions / client meetings (where required).
- Close liaison with internal businesses/the product Legal team in London and Country Counsel teams across the globe in connection with the negotiation of legal agreements in the relevant business area. Convey strong commercial awareness and understanding of the desk’s priorities by ensuring prioritisation of file load is aligned with overall desk goals.
- Work closely with Sales, Banking and Relationship Managers and Product heads to manage customer expectations and ensure documentation is in place ahead of regulatory or business deadlines, where required.
- Interpret key commercial concepts from an array of trading agreements (including ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support Annexes (including Regulatory IM), Account Control Agreements, Side Letters, GMRAs, GMSLAs, Electronic trading agreements, amendments and various ancillary documentation (e.g. guarantees and NDAs) and incorporate into EMEA specific documentation, accounting for the necessary regulatory and/or jurisdictional changes where required.
- Apply in-depth understanding of how associated risks differ depending on product and documentation envisaged in relevant jurisdiction(s) and advise Risk and Business accordingly.
- Ensure Citi’s internal and regulatory policies are maintained, and where deviations are necessary, ensuring appropriate legal risk and / or business approvals are obtained.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of process improvements, through liaising with internal stakeholders such as Technology,
- Risk, Client Risk Facilitation, Client Onboarding, Regulatory Reform, CVA, Operations and Legal.
- Ensure key governance and control checks are implemented during documentation process; proactively identify and escalate issues within the relevant business.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written & verbal) at all organisational levels with internal business partners and external customers
- Experience with complex corporate structures including hedge funds, structures involving third party lenders, Special Purpose Vehicles, mutual funds and the like
- Ability to work independently and with limited direct supervision.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exercise good and mature judgment
- Excellent grasp of the relevant legal and credit concepts
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- True self-starter
- Experience of working in a legal/financial service organisation preferable.
- Experience of negotiating commercial contracts is advantageous but not essential.
- Relevant/transferable experience
- Comprehensive proficiency in MS Word, PP and Excel
- Proven track record in delivering results in a challenging and changing environment.
- Ability to effectively project manage and organise own workload meeting key milestones
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A