The Risk Regulatory Affairs team ensures the Risk organization maintains strong and productive regulatory relationships with US Prudential and Capital Markets Regulators, including the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, SEC, FINRA, and CFTC. The team proactively manages regulatory matters to ensure the organization is well positioned and responsive in regulatory interactions.
- Support proactive communication strategies with regulators and provide advice to senior management on the best approach to regulatory interactions with guidance on best in class presentations, materials and other submissions provided to regulators.
- Synthesize regulatory feedback and key thematic findings to senior management, the CRO and key stakeholders to drive awareness of and help anticipate regulatory concerns.
- Support and advise more junior Regulatory Coordinators in the execution of administrative requirements for regulatory exams and interactions.
- Manage complex regulatory exams that require significant program management across risk teams, with a focus on ensuring regulatory expectations are addressed on a holistic and consistent basis.
- Establish effective working relationships and partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across relevant risk segments to ensure a more integrated approach to regulatory relations.
- Review and provide quality assurance of risk management deliverables submitted to regulators.
- Assist in high priority regulatory ad hoc projects across their lifecycle by identifying and structuring problems, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change
- Experienced in project management with excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to “roll up sleeves”; ability to work under pressure and tireless work ethic
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills. Ability to build strong internal and external networks
- Autonomous and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task productively and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Exceptional writing skills, with ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate into effective presentations to external regulators and Senior Executives
- Working knowledge in a broad range of risk management disciplines including credit, market, and operational risks.
- 10+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in a regulatory-facing role that requires superior problem solving and excellent oral/written communication skills (Regulatory, Risk, Internal Audit or Compliance background a plus)
- Working knowledge in a broad range of Risk Management disciplines including Credit, Market, Liquidity Risks, Model Development, and Risk Analytics.
- Experience working at a banking regulatory agency, such as the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, SEC, FINRA, and CFTC, working knowledge / familiarity with the US Prudential and Capital Markets regulations, a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A