The AML Statistician will follow the globally consistent methodology, but is expected to have a high level of initiative and creativity and suggest enhancements to the current methodologies.
- Document solutions and present results in a simple comprehensive way to non-technical audience, as well as write more formal documentation using statistical vocabulary.
- Prepare and validate data, and then build and validate a scoring model using logistic regression or alternative quantitative methods.
- Generate new ideas, concepts and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data.
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Question and validate assumptions. Escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in terms of methodology and processes.
- Conduct data-driven analysis and create reports. Apply quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods; prepare statistical and non-statistical data exploration. Validate data, identify data quality issues (if any), and work with Technology to address them. Analyze and interpret data reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations answering specific business needs.
- Experience in creating and assessing Statistical Models
- Understanding of technical requirements, ability to communicate with Technical Support
- Ability to manipulate data using SQL or equivalent Desirable:
- Highly-skilled and good working knowledge of SAS, R, & MS Office Suite.
- Team working experience (demonstrated team player ability required)
- Experience with data exploration
- Strong statistical academic background, knowledge of quantitative methods, including predictive modeling techniques
- Previous experience with financial services companies (retail banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, private banking)
- Knowledge of the local/regional laws and regulations applicable to anti-money laundering a plus.
- Mantas and AML monitoring systems experience or other transaction monitoring systems a plus.
- Experience in reporting the results of analysis in clear written form, and in presenting the findings during meetings and conference calls
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A