This role will be in the OFAC Compliance Unit, acting in the capacity of an OFAC sanctions subject matter expert with the primary responsibility of investigating and resolving all OFAC-sanctions related matches generated during the screening of accounts, relationships, securities holdings, and transactions, globally. In addition, this role provides support to the Head of the OFAC Compliance Unit to ensure Citi’s compliance with all related OFAC regulatory obligations.
- Interacting with Management to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program.
- Assessing the impact of issues/violations (legal/regulatory, policy, reputational, etc.) and dimensions control process gaps to help management define disciplinary and corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Participating in and managing, as appropriate, various internal assurance processes, e.g. Regional Enterprise wide and Horizontal risk assessments, self-assessment, internal audit or compliance assurance reviews. Supporting efforts in connection Internal Audit and functional regulators in Program exams and evaluations; tracking and challenging remedial actions from the front line units.
- Analyzing data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to sanctions risk assessments, and monitoring of sanctions related issues and escalations with senior management and global partners.
- Partnering with functional partners, as applicable, to ensure potential risks are appropriately vetted and addressed. Identifying and escalating to the Chief Sanctions Officer material risks and significant instances of not adherence to the Framework by accountable front line units; directing investigations in coordination with GIU, CSIS, Legal, HR or as appropriate.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Global Sanctions Policy and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Overseeing adherence to procedures and processes, to ensure compliance with policies ensuring that front line units meet required standards.
- Promoting global consistency of Sanctions ICRM practices and policies – within the line of business as well as cross-sector.
- Providing input on new business initiatives, new products, and advise on complex transactions.
- Working collaboratively with the team to provide advice to business with respect to applicability of policies and implementation of the economic sanctions program and regulatory changes.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Preferably expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A