The Internal Audit Technology Team is responsible for providing independent assurance that a sound control framework and environment is in place to appropriately manage risks in Citi’s technology environment.
- Uses excellent communication skills to negotiate and influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners often at higher levels, on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues.
- Supervises a team of auditors and responsible for leading, coaching and their career development.
- Helps to advance issue and regulatory validation concepts and use of technology.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high-risk areas including: technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or business process redesign and improvement.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Leads or performs issue or regulatory validation related activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies a provable in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation’s businesses and shares this knowledge within your team.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Detail oriented critical thinker with ability to identify risks and their underlying root causes. Consults with other team members to share knowledge and insight.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Executes a robust Audit Plan, for assigned businesses in accordance Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation as well as detailed risk assessments.
- Familiarity with several IT Governance frameworks and guidelines, as well as Technology Architecture, Governance and key processes (e.g., Change Management, Problem and Incident Management).
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high-quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timelines.
- People focused transformational leader who can identify strengths within a team structure, apply technical expertise to technology processes, and foster a partnering culture to align with Internal Audit’s departmental as well as the firm’s organization’s goals
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Experience planning and leading audits, with proven ability to take responsibility for executing on a portfolio of deliverables with high quality and according to strict timelines.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Investment Banking and Financial Services products.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Self-starter with a solutions-based approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of Internal Audit, business management and external stakeholders (e.g., external audit and regulators).
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA, CISM CISSP or similar) are a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of IT application controls, and ITGCs is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A