The Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis, programming and support activities primarily in Core Bank Production Quality Management role (Production Support for Level 3).
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
- Identify problems, analyze information, and make evaluative judgements to recommend and implement solutions (tactical and strategic).
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements, including using script tools and analyzing/interpreting code. Investigate and resolve Production incidents and defects (including applying temporary and permanent fixes).
- Provide pro-active application support (SME or Level 3 support) for Major, Monthly and Off-Release implementations including planning deployment, actual deployment support and post-mortem review.
- Consult with users, clients, and other technology groups on issues, and recommend programming solutions, install, and support customer exposure systems. Install solution in all applicable countries and environments/regions.
- Perform quarterly review of Production incidents and defects to identify emerging trends and risks and plan for resolving the same.
- Apply fundamental knowledge of programming languages for design specifications specially in resolving defects and incidents.
- Analyze applications to identify vulnerabilities and security issues, as well as conduct testing and debugging. Optimize applications for superior performance and cost reductions (i.e. I/O, space allocation, run time).
- Resolve issues by identifying and selecting solutions through the applications of acquired technical experience and guided by precedents
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Proficient in either JAVA or COBOL/CICS, COBOL, DB2, EZTRIEVE, SAS and API programming and de-bugging. Knowledge and experience in SPLUNK is a plus.
- Good working knowledge and experience in Core Banking systems (Customer and Relationship Management, CASA, Loans, Time Deposits,
- Transfers and Payments, General Ledger and Accounting, Transaction Security, Authorization, Debit Card, Statements and Advices). FIS product knowledge is an advantage
- 6-9 years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry particularly in a hands-on Product Development or Production Support Role
- Intermediate level experience in Applications Development role
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Able to work during weekends as well as be called for on-call support for Production issues and Implementations (during respective country green zone).
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Application Deadline: N/A