IA maintains a Quality Assurance (QA) function that reports to the Citi Chief Auditor and the Group Audit Committee. The QA function provides independent assurance that IA has achieved and is maintaining appropriate standards of internal audit delivery (set against both IA’s own internal standards and the Standards and Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors).
- Assist in the review and improvement of global IA methodology and practices, including innovation initiatives.
- Assist the SVP and QAD in reviewing key internal QA deliverables and external deliverables.
- Assist the SVP and QAD in supporting IA teams in regulatory matters, including review of responses to regulators and presenting directly to regulators as required.
- Support the SVP and QAD in fostering a strong QA partnership with the IA teams.
- Be a change agent in the continuous improvement program to deliver and maintain a best in class QA function, sharing best practices and lessons learned with the IA teams
- Contribute to continued improvement in IA methodology and coverage through the delivery of QA products.
- Perform QA’s check and challenge of IA’s validation work; identify thematic areas for improvement; assess regulatory validation methodology end-to-end, from receipt of exam letter to final IA validation.
- Assist the SVP and QAD in the delivery of regulatory validation methodology training to auditors (and stakeholders, as needed), including tailored training if required.
- Operate as a QA partner, supplemented by QA subject matter experts, to provide centralized QA support for key Regulatory Issue Validation projects across the Risk/Treasury Internal Audit (IA) teams.
- Provide assurance over the quality of IA’s work via formal QA products including reviews of Issue Validation strategies and work papers.
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to the assigned audit teams on methodology-related matters by leveraging experiencing and using professional judgement.
- Assist with periodic ad-hoc projects (e.g., research and development of QA specific training).
- Effective negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in a related role – First/ Second LOD – Risk – Market, Credit, Operational, and Treasury
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A