Serves as a regulatory engagement management officer for Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) business responsible for the promotion, support, monitoring and reporting on Citi’s interactions with its regulators, including queries arising in the normal course of business outside of specific examinations, and managing supervisory examinations, globally.
- Communicating extensively (orally and in writing) and developing effective relationships with regulators.
- Establishing and developing effective relationships with Citigroup senior management, front line, second line (including independent risk, finance, HR, and Legal), Internal Audit to obtain information / documentation to respond to regulatory requests proactively and on time with quality.
- Monitoring the full lifecycle of identified regulatory issues ensuring that concerns are communicated, assigned responsibility, and tracked to resolution.
- Maintaining the centralized repository where documents are stored and previous regulatory and supervisory findings, reports and similar documents.
- Stewarding the drafting of the firm’s Response Letters and coordinating involvement of relevant internal stakeholders such as Technology and Internal Audit on the development of Corrective Action Plans and associated target dates.
- Managing interactions with regulators and internal stakeholder, including but not limited to: assisting in providing oversight for supervisory engagement; coordinating and managing events related to examinations and continuous monitoring, including working with businesses and functions in negotiating scope and timing of reviews, monitoring requested data aggregation and coordinating and attending regulatory meetings with control functions and business unit personnel; and collaborating with Business Heads to provide guidance on regulatory matters and continually enhancing the framework to identify, assess, control, and monitor regulatory communication.
- Providing regular updates to management (including preparing business personnel for meetings with regulators) regarding the matters being handled, including, but not limited to, collection, tracking and resolution of queries, review with the area under examination the materials requested to ensure completeness and responsiveness of submissions, and the timely escalation and resolution of potential issues.
- Analyzing, digesting and summarizing information/documentation responsive to regulatory requests.
- Identifying mitigating facts and circumstances (as applicable) to respond to potential issues identified during regulatory engagement, including the various stages of the exam management lifecycle.
- Significant knowledge of securities laws, rules, regulations, risks and controls
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Comfort navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and banking regulators (incl. the US)
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A