This role is specifically in support of the AML Namescreening Program and the CENSE AML Namescreening engine. This position requires demonstration of critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities, hands-on intelligence or data analysis skills, and intellectual curiosity
- Conduct data mining / query functions across relational or big data databases utilizing various data science tools and methods.
- Supports tactical and strategic initiatives and projects focused on screening detection.
- Identify, vet and address potential risks or escalated issues with the assistance of functional partners and key stakeholders
- Analyze comparative data, prepare and present reports related to AML risk assessments, and monitor AML related issues and escalations
- Conduct analysis and activities to drive down false positives and identify screening enhancements and potential gaps.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply curiosity and critical thinking in data mining and analytics.
- Develop approaches/action plans to compliance and control issues by weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Understand the regional or global implications and applicability of the recommendations.
- Effectively communicate recommendations to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of reporting tools like: Cognos and Microstrategy is a plus
- Experience using tools like: Python, R, SAS or similar statistical applications a plus
- 3 years’ experience utilizing data analysis/science tools and methods
- Intermediate understanding & experience across AML and Screening domains
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and analyze large sets of of complex data, draw meaningful conclusions, and make recommendations based on analysis
- Proven research and analytical skills, business acumen, strategic and creative thinking, project leadership skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Advanced to Intermediate SQL skills querying Oracle databases
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A