Commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary.
- Identify and research high risk areas / typologies and trigger events for risk severity and sensitivity evaluation.
- Work collaboratively to analyze and review typologies to establish review processes.
- Manage and influence data analysts as they gather data from prior AML investigations, subpoenas, and prior escalations to detect trends and “connect the dots” amongst disparate data sets. Help prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and recommend relationship retention or termination.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Determine suitable data access requirements, the extent of data sharing access and restrictions in collaboration with the Data Privacy Office and designing, with support from Global and Regional partners, the data mining analytics strategies for detecting suspicious transactional and customer activity.
- Act as a mentor to more junior team members globally and to encourage consistent understanding of policies and procedures and strategic direction.
- Provide subject matter expertise on AML concerns. Compile documentation by reviewing recent news, court documents and public/private sector white papers.
- Escalate to Investigative units, Risk advisory or Stakeholders if needed.
- Act as a team lead, manage a team of analysts who perform all of these basic duties.
- Oversee appropriate collection and analysis of documents to obtain a complete global understanding of the client and identify unusual transaction patterns.
- Additionally, provide guidance to analysts on best and most effective documentation approach for clear and concise case documentation supporting final disposition.
- AML certification /Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A