Website City of Houston
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhancing the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking Laborers to join its Greenspace Management team.
- Report problems or safety hazards.
- Perform basic cleaning of park facilities and monitors supplies in restrooms.
- Maintain park grounds by picking up litter and debris.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Candidates will be responsible for their own safety shoes.
- May operate small lawn and garden power tools such as: backpack blowers, string trimmers, and stick edgers.
- No Experience Is Required.
- May require a valid Texas Class C driver’s license and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving (AP 2-2).
- There are routine exposures to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness and unpleasant air condition. The position may involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions.
- Very fundamental levels of ability to read, write and follow simple oral instructions as might normally be acquired through up to 8 years of formal schooling.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A