Website City of Houston
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhancing the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Recreation Assistant Part-Time – Community Centers to join its Recreation and Wellness team.
- May resolve problems and counsel participants; assist with center preparation for programs and activities and assist with facility and cleaning.
- Coordinate and monitor recreational activities at community centers, playgrounds and related facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Instruct or assist with a wide range of programming and free play for community youth.
- Must be a positive role model for youth, promoting non-violent actions.
- May be responsible for opening and closing facilities.
- Three (3) months of related experience in recreation or education are required.
- Requires a high school diploma or a GED.
- May require a valid driver’s license and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving (AP 2-2).
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A