Website City of Houston
The successful applicant will undertake assignments such as receiving vendor invoices, maintaining departmental invoice log and month end reports for accounts payable. The work entails frequent interactions with City personnel, external vendors via emails, telephone and letters, as well as at meetings. From time to time, applicant may be required to work overtime and during weekends.
- Reviewing, processing and compiling various accounting transactions, i.e., payment vouchers, journal entries, chargebacks, etc.
- Receives, logs and distributes departmental mail.
- Summarizes and prepares internal financial reports.
- Assists the Division Manager and other employees with accounts payable functions.
- Verifies information and the matching of payments to purchase order items.
- Assists with general accounting or other clerical responsibilities as assigned.
- One year of clerical accounting experience is required.
- Requires a high school diploma or a GED.
- Knowledge of personal computers is preferred.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A