Website City of Houston
The Senior IT Professional – Infrastructure enables the Houston Airport System to serve its customers by proactively resolving faults, performance tuning, testing backups, patching firmware/updates and mentoring team members. This position resolves complex faults in a timely fashion and works independently with ticket assignments. The Senior IT Professional – Infrastructure will provide solutions and guidance to many different technical disciplines and verticals.
- Oversees a variety of highly complex analytical and technical assignments; provides subject matter expertise and advice for assigned technology and infrastructure systems; plans, manages, and implements infrastructure projects and upgrades;
- Designs and documents infrastructure processes, procedures, and standards. Ensures effectiveness of infrastructure by performing preventive maintenance work and monitoring system performance;
- Diagnoses problems; works with external vendors and COH departments; and supports back-ups for a variety of technologies, business units, and systems.
Understands how technology infrastructure systems support business objectives.
- Drives innovation and creative solutions by providing value propositions. Influences the strategy; acts as a technical thought leader in specialized area.
- Implements best practices and uses knowledge of internal and external technology challenges and opportunities to drive business transformation. Addresses risks, limitations and vulnerabilities.
- Information systems-specific technical certifications may be substituted for 1 year of either the education or the experience requirement, as applicable.
- 10 years of experience managing, tuning, and auditing Microsoft Active Directory, including DNS, DHCP, DFS, and GPOs.
- 10 years of progressive experience in deploying, managing, supporting, patching and optimizing VMware clusters.
- 10 years of experience in backup technologies, managing backup jobs, testing jobs and optimizing backups. Especially using Veeam backup and
- Replication or other major backup applications.
- 10 years of progressive experience in deploying, managing, supporting, patching and optimizing storage area networks, similar to Dell Compellent, HPE Nimble, Dell EMC Isilon, and Brocade fabrics.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field may be substituted for two years of the experience requirement.
- System-specific technical certifications may be considered for substitution for 1 year of experience.
- Related professional Information Systems experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- At least six (6) years of technology experience supporting IT infrastructure. System-specific technical certifications required. Advanced certifications and applicable work experience beyond six (6) years may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the education requirement.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A