Website City of Houston
This position requires that you be 100% flexible in terms of work schedule including, evenings, weekends, and holidays within a seven-day work schedule during the peak time, such as budget period, year-end close and monthly close.
- Provide monthly line-item projections based on thorough review of year-to-date actual and trends.
- Provide technical assistance and acts as liaison to departments including monthly projection, annual budget, as well as budget transfer and journal entries.
- Must be a self-starter and committed to completing tasks timely, which will include working additional hours and/or over the weekend as needed.
- Prepare, create, analyze, monitor and forecast monthly financial report and annual operating budget.
- The position has significant use of Microsoft Office and SAP
- Prepare and develop manuals, reports, analysis and forecasting of data.
- Reconcile and provide budget vs actual analysis and variance reports.
- Perform routine technical work of average complexity involving financial and trend analysis, graphs, charts, and providing recommendations to management related to department operations.
- Demonstrated customer service skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, internal and external stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will have strong written and oral skills and be able to think critically and creatively.
- Candidate(s) that are flexible within their schedule.
- Management and personnel reporting
- Variance analysis
- Substitutions: Experience cannot be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement. A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a closely related field may be substituted for two years of the above experience requirement.
- Budget and forecast preparation
- Four years of professional experience in finance, economics, budget analysis or a closely related area are required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a closely related field.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A