Website City of Houston
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhancing the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Lifeguard (Seasonal) to join its Recreation & Wellness/Aquatics team.
- Must be courteous and cooperative with the public at all times.
- May take chemical reading on the PH balance and the chlorine level every hour during operations.
- Enforce the rules listed in the staff manual and exhibited at the pool facility.
- Participate in special classes required for lifeguard training.
- Observe swimming activities and deck safety of the public to comply with safety guidelines.
- Must possess excellent swimming skills.
- Hose down the pool deck periodically during daily operation.
- Perform basic housekeeping activities such as checking restrooms, offices, porches and swimming areas.
- Maintain and operate basic pool maintenance and water safety equipment, vacuuming, brushing down sides, cleaning filters and setting up equipment (seats, ropes, umbrella, rescue tubes, backboards, etc.).
- Ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and basic written instructions.
- May have a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- May require a basic knowledge of a particular subject area.
- Must be certified in Lifeguard Training or Water Safety Instruction and First Aid/CPR.
- This position occasionally requires stooping or bending.
- Occasional very light lifting, such as three or four reams of papers or books (up to 20 pounds or equivalent weight) may be required.
- There are routine discomforts from exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness and unpleasant air conditions.
- The position may involve routine to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A