Website City of Houston
Assist STI and HIV program management with the direction, monitoring, evaluation, and development of Disease Intervention Specialist (DIS) performance to enable the program to meet objectives and increase program effectiveness.
- Visit private and public clinical laboratories to assure compliance with reporting labs timely in respect to laboratory reporting laws and regulations.
- Search and collect data from multiple databases, adhering strictly to established data collection procedures with attention to detail.
- Coordinate the preparation of quality assurance reports and offer programmatic recommendations based on these results.
- Conduct confidential interviews and investigations of individuals diagnosed with or suspected of being at high-risk for HIV and/or sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Review medical records and laboratory reports to obtain communicable disease diagnosis and treatment with appropriate follow-up.
- Perform field investigations throughout Harris County to locate individuals who have or are suspected of having a communicable disease and motivates them to seek appropriate treatment and medical follow-up.
- Review and interpret the output of quality assurance reports to ensure programmatic activities and benchmarks are being achieved.
- Protect, maintain, and ensure client confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and other HHD policies and procedures.
- Train new personnel involved in disease intervention activities.
- Four years of experience in the public health field are required. Pertinent professional experience in the public health field may be substituted for the above educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Physical Science, Public Health or a closely related field.
- Requires the ability to make coordinated gross motor movements in response to changing external stimuli within moderately demanding tolerances; or the ability to make coordinating eye/hand movements on a patterned response space within low tolerance demands with no real speed requirements.
- Requires a valid Texas driver’s license and compliance
- Pertinent professional experience in the public health field may be substituted for the above educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A