Website City of Houston
The Houston Health Department (HHD) seeks a highly driven, talented, and experienced professional to coordinate, plan, and oversee training and staff/partnership development
- Organizes and develops training manuals, reference libraries, testing and evaluation procedures
- Maintains understanding of current implementation challenges and developing comprehensive solutions to address them
- Communicates the objectives of MBK Houston to the community and potential partners, including sharing the Common Agenda, Blueprint, or other collateral
- Confers with management and supervisory personnel to assess training needs.
- Conducts conferences to acquaint management with new programs and their objectives.
- Facilitates and coordinates meetings and activities of partners, work groups, steering committees and milestone teams.
- Maintains contacts with other companies, training organizations and associations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community partners.
- Assists the MBK Project Director to coordinate with other related projects and coalitions
- Helps identify and recruit additional cross sector stakeholders to participate in the work
- Develops and maintains a list of community partners and upcoming events.
- In partnership with Project Director, providing support to partner organizations in aligning their work to the Common Agenda (e.g., identifying opportunities for program work to support specific goals)
- Facilitates ongoing communication between MBK Houston partners by hosting regular conference calls, in-person meetings, or coordinating regular email updates to ensure alignment of activity
- A minimum of 3 years work experience including 1 or more years of proven community collaboration and coordination experience
- Ability to thrive in a fluid, unstructured, entrepreneurial environment without formal training
- Commitment to the collective impact concepts
- Four (4) years of professional personnel experience involving training in a formal classroom and or the development of curriculum and lesson plans for adult learners are required
- Flexibility and the ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, Personnel Management or a related field.
- Advanced project management skills
- Pertinent training experience at the professional level may be substituted for the above educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with senior executives
- Strong community engagement and facilitation skills
- The presence to inspire confidence and passion in external audiences and to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A