Website City of Houston
The Staff Analyst will work under the direction of the Division Manager and will perform analytical work of average difficulty in a wide variety of consultative and analytical staff assignments such as performance measures, contract management, monthly financial forecast, and budget reviews. The Staff Analyst will conduct analytical studies, prepare procedures, gathers, tabulate and analyses data.
- Advise management on the proper use of funds, ensure managers maintain adequate funding levels and controls, provide reports and budget updates, etc.
- Perform contract management functions working closely with section chiefs, procurement and legal finance team
- Coordinate and direct the development, implementation and monitoring of various financial activity and procedures to effectively manage budgets, programs and systems; undertake in-depth analyses
- Handle highly confidential information
- Review financial material and make recommendations as appropriate
- Provide advice and guidance to management staff on all budgetary and contractual matters
- Develop monthly analyses of program actual and possible trends with detailed explanation of significant deviations
- Establish and maintain budgeting and accounting policies and procedures
- Facilitate the administration of Pay or Play Program on existing and new contracts for the department to ensure compliance
- Prepare year-end close and response to audits request
- Generate and oversee various budget, financial reports and personnel analysis as requested by management
- Collaborate with manager to review monthly actual vs budget variances and work with management to analyze data for annual budget development
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or field directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Graduate degree related to the type of work to be performed may substitute for the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Three years of professional administrative, financial or analytical experience related to the type of work being performed are required.
- Professional experience related to the type of work to be performed may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A