Website City of Houston
Troubleshoots, maintains, manages and upgrades existing electrical and instrumentation systems to ensure an economical and safe distribution of electricity. Researches and analyzes cause of failures; repairs, performs calibrations, replaces and installs new equipment/components and related hardware to maximize functionality. Performs preventive maintenance ensuring safe, clean and continuous operating conditions.
- Prepares and updates various records, logs and reports.
- Responds to emergency calls during and after hours for various types of electrical/instrumentation failures and shutdowns.
- Organize schedules and monitors work assignments.
- Research technical product specifications Inspects field locations to determine appropriate types and placement of electrical components for installation.
- Requires an Associate’s degree in a computer science, instrumentation, or electronics discipline or the equivalent, such as certification in a technical/specialty program of up to three years in duration.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving (AP 2-2).
- Relevant experience (as described above) may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- One year of experience in the design, installation, operation and/or maintenance of a computerized data network or industrial control system is required.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A