Website City of Houston
To achieve this vision, HCDD is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join its team. In this position, direct the Department’s Human Resources (HR) operations to ensure timely, value-added solutions, service delivery and effective relationships are maintained for the Department business needs through coordination, management, administration, implementation and operation of various Human Resources services, policies, projects and programs.
- Participates in development of strategic workforce plans, talent management, recruitment and succession planning to meet the business needs of the department through strategy formulation, execution, implementation and evaluation methodologies.
- Acts as a primary liaison and strategic manager to ensure all human resources needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrates a broad-based knowledge in all areas of human resources; shows desire and willingness to continuous learning and to stay current with best human resources practices, processes and technologies.
- Ensure executive level staff are aware of progress updates/revised City of Houston policies and procedures.
- Interprets and provides consultation on HR policy and procedures to advise managers and employees on a wide range of complex human resources issues.
- Manages, develops, coaches and evaluates staff in all areas of human resources, encourages staff for continuous improvement of knowledge, skills and ability; helps developing successors and talent pools both for the customer departments and the human resources department.
- Demonstrates the understanding that the position is held to a higher set of standards by the department, human resources department and subordinates; making decisions and taking actions that are consistent with the department’s values, priorities, objectives and strategies; taking personal accountability for modeling the appropriate behaviors in all situations.
- SAP – HR module
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering or a field closely related to activities of the division.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external customers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field closely related to the activities of the division may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Knowledge of City of Houston policies and procedures
- Seven years of progressive professional experience closely related to the activities of the division are required, with at least three of the years in a supervisory capacity.
- Expertise in processing personnel actions
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A