Website City of Houston
The Houston Information Technology Services Department has an exciting opportunity for an IT Professional – Security. Duties, functions and responsibilities of this position include.
- Supports Houston Public Works (HPW) specific cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis
- Ensure HPW system vulnerabilities are managed and mitigated per COH Cyber Division policy
- Monitors, evaluates, and assist with the maintenance of assigned security systems in accordance with industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases
- Responsible for communicating cyber risks and recommendations to mitigate risks to the COH CISO, COH CIO and HPW Director
- Responsible for implementing an ICS Framework approach to facilitate the secure implementation and management of critical HPW systems
- Identifies intrusion activity by leveraging alert data from multiple sensors and systems and determines priority for response
- Performs Operational Technology (OT), Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems threat and vulnerability assessments and provides subject matter expertise on appropriate threat mitigation approaches
- Work with COH Cyber Division on the integration of existing HPW cyber capability and monitoring into the COH Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Ensure proper protections, technical and physical controls are in place to protect HPW assets based on cyber industry standards (e.g., NIST 800-82)
- At least 18 months of technology experience in IT security, or supporting security aspects of IT infrastructure or applications teams.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS), Business or a related field. System-specific technical certifications may be considered a substitution for associate degree.
- Experience in IT security, infrastructure or applications may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A