Website City of Houston
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhancing the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Semi-Skilled Laborer to join its Facilities Management & Development Team
- Monitor inventory control.
- Assist Carpentry Shop with general carpentry duties.
- Perform additional miscellaneous assignments as required.
- Operate power and hand tool equipment.
- Will assist paint shop with general painting duties.
- May operate vehicles to and from work locations.
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs to structures, facilities and equipment, i.e. housekeeping activities, fabrication and installations, routine cleaning and servicing of vehicles and cement mixing and preparation.
- Ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and/or basic written instructions as might normally be acquired through 9 to 11 years of formal schooling. No special knowledge of any subject area or technical field is required.
- This position requires extensive, near-continuous physical exertion such as repeated lifting of very heavy objects (more than 80 pounds), deep bending, climbing of steps and/or assuming awkward positions. Will be required to work outdoors year-round.
- Six (6) months of related experience are required.
- Requires a valid Texas Drivers license and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving (AP 2-2).
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A