Website Johnson & Johnson
We are seeking an Associate Scientist to join the TS team within the Immunology therapeutic area. This candidate will assist in designing and conducting biomarker assay strategies for the advancement of clinical development programs across the Immunology portfolio, with a focus on inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
- Design, perform and interpret experiments to validate biomarkers for portfolio assets
- Work closely with other lab-based personnel to ensure optimal laboratory environment (collaboration, culture, safety, etc.)
- Analyze data and communicate results to internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with external partners as needed to support Immunology assets
- Contribute to various projects outside of his/her own and collaborate with partners from all relevant functions
- Work independently and manage projects simultaneously under fixed timelines
- Support biomarker assay development and execution using: Flow cytometry, RNA/DNA purification, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, Singulex, Tissue/cell Culture
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of technical reports, prepare clear and concise summaries of their data and present to the project team and colleagues
- Attention to detail is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences or related field with 4+ years related experience OR M.S. in Biological Sciences or related field with 1-2 years research experience (academic or industry) is required
- Comfort in working with timelines and flexibility to meet the growing needs of the team are required
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment are required.
- Experience with electronic lab notebook is preferred
- Experience in cell culture, in-vitro and/or ex/vivo cell-based assays is required.
- Excellent oral, written and fit-for-purpose communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in using common data analysis and presentation tools, e.g., FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, Word, PowerPoint, Excel is required
- Some flow cytometry experience is required; extensive flow cytometry experience is preferred.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridge, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A