Website Development Bank of Southern Africa - DBSA
The Investment Officer is responsible for executing the strategic objectives of the business in collaboration with the Transacting Head whilst being accountable to move investment opportunities / projects (provided by the Coverage Team) from early review to bankability.
- Close deal / transactions by obtaining the relevant internal approvals for the transactions and leading or actively participating in the successful conclusion of negotiations.
- Actively manage the transaction unit to drive the credit approval process in its entirety from early review to the relevant approval committees.
- Provide value to transactions for the benefit of and/or the client through knowledge of the subject, innovation and lateral thinking.
- In liaison with the Head: Transacting structure and negotiate the detailed terms of the deal / transaction with Treasury, Legal, and Loan Administration Teams to drive the approval of transactions.
- Provide input into early review proposals and documentation in the agreed format.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the complex financial and regulatory environments in Africa.
- Successful track record in leading project teams with high level stakeholders and qualified professionals;
- A Bachelor’s degree i.e. Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics; Science; Mathematics; Statistics and Engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience in appraising, negotiating and closing Project Finance, Corporate Finance, or Structured Finance transactions in a financial institution;
- Experience in using Financial models;
- Experience in securing deals of appropriate size for sectors and geographies in question.
- Experience in initiating and developing new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of development impact projects ensuring deal flow and bankability.
- Experience in securing infrastructure investment deals in relevant sectors/geographies in Africa.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A