We are seeking an entry level Data Engineer for our Data Engineers team within our R&D Data Platform function. In this role, you will help to design, develop, implement, oversee and enhance data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection. This role will entail 75% of hands-on development of daily activities and work collaboratively across functions.
- Support QA; diagnosing and resolving bugs
- Protect the confidentiality and security of client data
- Understanding the technical architecture of internally developed applications
- Participate in ongoing peer reviews and apply best practices for testing and deployment in an agile environment
- Participate in on-call rotation for data pipeline support in a GCP environment
- Manage code via Github/Bamboo and work tasks within JIRA
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Execute on technical requirements and document new ones when needed
- May take direction from another Engineer for related projects/activities.
- Create and maintain robust data pipelines for our Enterprise Environment
- Proven ability to learn new tools and technology
- Knowledge of traditional programming and software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience and ability to develop in Java/ Scala
- Demonstrated experience supporting a Data pipeline Production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or Engineering from an accredited academic university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment with short deadlines, interruptions, and multiple tasks/projects occurring at once
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A