As a key team member, this individual must be a highly motivated self-starter, who is comfortable collaborating as part of a team, communicating directly with senior leaders, and working independently.
- Interacting with patent offices throughout the world in order to strengthen and accelerate the issuance of Dexcom’s patented innovations
- Working with in-house patent professionals in managing patent harvesting and prosecution
- Coordinating and managing patent committees
- Managing outside patent prosecution counsel both domestically and globally
- Setting and implementing a patent strategy for Dexcom’s innovations
- Providing internal education and trainings related to IP
- Developing, coordinating and reviewing patent research and analysis projects, including prior art searches, competitive intelligence, landscapes, patentability analyses, portfolio analyses, infringement/non-infringement analyses, validity/invalidity analyses
- Supporting IP litigation as needed
- Advising technical and business stakeholders on patent matters
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant legal experience.
- Substantial experience in medical device patent strategy development and execution, including patent prosecution, preferably in technical fields related to electro-mechanical and software technologies.
- Admitted to and in good standing with a US state bar and registered to practice before the USPTO.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to exercise sound commercial and legal judgment
- Technical degree required in electrical engineering, computer science, biomedical engineering, bioengineering, materials science and engineering,chemical engineering, or other related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A