In this role you will be part of the Advanced Research and Technology team that focuses on evaluating and establishing the feasibility of next-generation technologies and products at Dexcom. This role will lead a team focused on Clinical evaluations of next generation technologies and supporting the characterization of devices used in Clinical and Pre-Clinical studies.
- Work with project leads to determine Clinical Feasibility success criteria, risks related to Clinical Performance, and Program Clinical strategy
- Establish and track metrics for Clinical failures across studies and programs to better determine frequency and possible root causes and/or critical parameters increasing/decreasing failures.
- Coach and develop talent through mentorship, training, and constructive feedback to increase the knowledge and ability of the team.
- Lead and coach cross-functional teams through failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving to drive the understanding of in vivo device failures
- Hiring and managing diverse engineering team to support and/or lead device characterization efforts of Clinical and Pre-Clinical study devices.
- Additionally, lead and/or support Clinical study evaluations of new technologies.
- Evaluate and drive development of new test methods and analytical techniques for use in root cause investigations.
- Work with Analysis teams to develop analysis methods and determine appropriate metrics to assess the product Clinically.
- Collaborate with other departments and outside vendors to build effective working relationships; negotiate to build broad-based support and/or persuade others to influence important outcomes.
- Experience using root cause analysis methods and proven ability to utilize structured problem-solving methodologies
- Effective technical writing skills, including ability to write protocols, design of experiments (DOEs) and other technical reports and documents.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines and flexibility to change course based on business needs
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize activities to meet project objectives on time.
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision, inspire team members, and a track record of leading successful project or functional teams
- Experience with assay development, experimental design, statistics, DOE techniques, data analysis methods and software (JMP or MATLAB preferred)
- Strong analytical and experimental skills and a broad engineering mindset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A