Responsible for designing, creating, and maintaining Dexcom’s cloud (production and non-production) environments
- Improve systems logging and benchmarking to fine tune application infrastructure and gain better insight into system issues and performance
- Self-starter and experience in working with highly dynamic environment
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support rotation to respond to incidents and/or requests for network performance as a level 2 engineer
- Improve system monitoring and alerting to improve incident time to resolution while decreasing false positives
- Responsible for working with the Engineering team to establish standards and design, automate and maintain environments for Dexcom ‘s software products.
- Ability to mentor and guide junior teammates and encourage progress of those teammates.
- Work to decrease hosting costs by using proactive and responsive auto-scaling algorithms and changes to technology solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all internal and external stakeholders
- Update systems to support new development and technology initiatives
- Incorporate new automation technology improvements
- Ability to understand and write infrastructure code in one of Powershell, Ansible, Puppet
- Strong Unix/Linux Administration , Scripting
- Ability to think out of the box to complex and unique internal and customer facing issues
- Experience in monitoring tools like DataDog and log analysis tool like Splunk
- Comfortable working with cloud environments like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Ability to think of infrastructure as code and the ability to create and maintain the infrastructure using Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL Server Preferred)
- Good knowledge of scripting tools like Perl, Ruby, Python
- Familiarity with JIRA and other Atlassian suite of products
- Passion and ability to script manual steps in a process that span multiple environments
- Strong understanding of pipeline orchestration technologies like Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo and harness
- Thorough understanding of different development methodologies like SDLC, Agile and RUP
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A