Supervises and coordinates daily employee activities including Unloading, Receiving, Transporting, Order Picking, Shipping, Putaway, Cycle Counting and Inventory Control of raw materials and/or finished goods. Drives continuous improvement in the operation while ensuring teams are achieving daily operational targets. Responsible for maintaining proper safety conditions and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure all material movements are transacted accurately and in real time using designated ERP or WMS inventory system.
- Develop and update work instructions to define and standardize work procedures. Collaborate with quality assurance to implement these work instructions.
- Support inventory bin and financial accuracy for the site by driving real time transactions in all processes, ensuring the completion of daily cycle counts, investigating inventory discrepancies and performing root cause analysis and corrective actions related to discrepancies.
- Propose and implement process improvements to streamline the operation, reduce costs, and/or increase productivity while ensuring quality, safety, and regulatory compliance is met.
- Establish and report on daily, weekly, and monthly targets for material handling staff to ensure that business objectives are met. Perform root cause analysis and develop corrective action plans on target misses.
- Drive a high performing culture by developing a robust training and couching program including establishing new hire/onboarding process, driving a cross training program, conducting performance reviews with employees on a regular basis, and creating development plans for employees.
- Hire, train, and provide supervision to a team of material handlers and leads in daily warehouse operations ensuring that daily targets are achieved while maintaining compliance to quality and safety procedures.
- Drive Logistics Excellence initiatives to meet business objectives on time and within budget
- Conduct detailed investigations, including 5-why, fishbone, or DMAIC to support the documentation of quality gaps through the CAPA process.
- Experience in developing detailed process work instructions
- Experience with various supply chain software/systems including Oracle, Hi Jump, FedEx ship Manager, TMS, LMS, and/or dock scheduling systems
- 2+ years’ experience supervising a team of employees.
- 2+ years of ERP system experience is required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or related field
- Experience in developing and reporting warehouse metrics (productivity, financial, safety)
- Experience in cGMP environments, and working knowledge of regulations and auditing bodies, e.g. ISO, FDA, HIPPA, OSHA, Hazardous Materials, C-TPAT, and DOT/IATA
- APICS or related certification
- Ability to rotate shift assignment regarding, day, night and weekend supervisor coverage as deemed necessary by senior management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mesa, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A