The Facilities Engineer 1, under supervision, will perform skilled duties in the operation and maintenance of utility and building systems, associated controls, sub-systems, auxiliaries, and accessories. Initiates repairs and maintenance of equipment, and diagnoses equipment problems. Assists in resolving questions regarding services performed.
- Participates in training sessions and seminars.
- Performs skilled duties in the operation, maintenance and alteration/repair of any utility and building system, controls, sub-systems and accessories.
- Assists in the maintenance of files related to utility and building systems diagrams generated from field investigations.
- Advises supervisor of delays, problems and work assignment progress.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record, punctuality and meeting deadlines.
- Maintains a functional awareness of the typical hazards of the workplace as well as the special hazards that may be encountered at Dexcom, such as biohazards, radiation, chemicals, etc. Follows established procedures for dealing with such potential hazards.
- Tests and calibrates systems and equipment, diagnoses equipment problems and initiates/completes repairs through the various equipment and service management systems.
- Communicates with senior staff to document corrective action necessary to avoid malfunctions, energy excesses, shutdown, or damage of any system.
- Performs a variety of test procedures standard to the trade such as, but not limited to, take readings on boilers, tests medium temperature of water, steamed condensate, water hardness, etc. to maintain and extend the life of equipment.
- Knowledge of building codes, rules, and regulations as well as procedures related to the position.
- Physical ability to perform tasks assigned to job function. Ability to move through limited access spaces and cover distances on foot to widely separated work sites.
- Trade school or journeyman license or equivalent years’ experience
- Ability to understand and apply company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools related to job functions.
- Knowledge of tests performed for systems operations with ability to determine repair needs and effectively communicate them to supervisor.
- Advance knowledge of at least one of building systems such as (HVAC) and pneumatic controls, building steam systems, domestic and industrial water systems, compressed air systems, refrigeration, air conditioning compressors and controls, water systems, electrical systems, Emergency
- Generator, UPS and other related controls and systems.
- Must have at least 0-2 years of cGMP experience in commercial manufacturing facilities support.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mesa, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A