This role open to hire remote. Within the R&D Software Architecture team, this engineer/architect will work with marketing as well as firmware, data, software, and mobile app engineering subject matter experts to define architecture as well as define and guide the process of architecture development, and software development.
- Exhibits a high degree of diligence and enforces team standards
- Identify, track, and actively reduce technical, project, and business risks
- Define, resolve, manage, and/or optimize tradeoffs between conflicting requirements
- Communicates project technical details and issues to management
- Architects and advises on technical issues of a complex systems
- Provides input on direction for key strategic decisions relating to technology and products
- Expert in technology in their area of expertise and independently suggests or develops new techniques and procedures to improve design process and product
- Support subsystem and system integration testing
- Identify customer, business needs, and use conditions and translate those needs into software architecture pattern that will fulfill the needs
- Understand regulatory standards for medical equipment and develop strategies and plans for implementing them within technology development and product commercialization efforts
- Identifies technology directions which can accelerate product development and provide competitive advantages
- Design new software architectures and identify/manage associated interfaces
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things
- Ability to work in a structured corporate company in a regulated industry
- Ability to understand company intent for the application and align the design and development efforts
- High degree of diligence in documentation, testing and coding.
- Actively seeks discussions for design direction when direction is not obvious
- Proven history of mobile development with several commercial apps available on an app store
- Proficiency with software tools for requirements management, engineering analysis, and statistical analysis.
- Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to enact change that benefits entire team.
- Must have strong communication skills to discuss tradeoffs between design options
- Knowledge of product lifecycle to provide technical leadership
- Has a broad technical vision for the organization.
- 12 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 10 years and a Master’s degree and 8 years with a PhD degree; or equivalent experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A