Responsible for serving as SME and providing technical leadership/expertise as it relates to machine controls, sensors, and machine vision used in Dexcom’s automated manufacturing and testing equipment. Work closely with internal and external equipment suppliers to ensure control hardware and software are implemented to provide reliable and robust automated manufacturing equipment solutions.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior controls engineers.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and support to the improvement, installation, start-up, validation, and transfer of replicant automated manufacturing equipment relative to machine controls (hardware and software), sensors, and machine vision.
- Provide technical expertise and oversee the resolution of technical issues related to controls, machine vision, servo systems, and various sensor technologies used in automated manufacturing and test equipment.
- Consult and provide technical input into the design of new automation equipment in the area of expertise as needed to drive to the most effective solution.
- Effectively manage multiple automated manufacturing equipment projects simultaneously.
- Provide technical expertise in assessing the efficacy, robustness and reliability of controls, sensor, and inspection hardware/software solutions proposing improvements where necessary to meet reliability, capacity, and quality targets.
- Effectively implement a pro-active approach to identify potential risks, assess their impact, and develop/implement mitigations for areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for providing technical knowledge and leadership in the areas of controls, sensor technologies, and various inspection systems that are used in the development and implementation of automated manufacturing lines (internally and at contract manufacturers) aligning with cross functional stakeholders on requirements, improvements, needs, cost, and capacity initiatives that meet agreed upon transfer targets.
- Responsible for providing technical inputs in the area of expertise in generating or updating equipment/automation documentation as needed and ensuring compliance with Dexcom’s quality systems requirements. This documentation includes, but not limited to, user requirements, functional specs, trace matrices, acceptance testing, qualification, and training documentation.
- Excellent technical problem solving and risk management skills.
- Ability to adapt to fast moving and changing environments
- Strong background in implementing and supporting controls systems, HMI’s, sensor technology, servo drive technology, and machine vision systems into automated manufacturing equipment. High volume manufacturing highly desired
- Understanding of risk management policies and procedures associated with medical device manufacturing highly desired.
- Experience supporting the qualification/validation of automated manufacturing equipment highly desired
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Must be detail oriented with ability to multi-task and maintain a strong focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience programming or interfacing with robotic systems desired
- Experience in medical device manufacturing highly desired
- Ability to manage complexity.
- Experience using and developing complex automated systems on Allen Bradley PLC controls platform.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Penang, Penang, Malaysia
Application Deadline: N/A